Manifest Presence 09 Conference
- Harbourside Church
- Declaring the Kingdom
- 25 August 2009
- Bill Johnson
A pastor goes to visit his parish…
He’s visiting various homes, but at one nobody comes to the door, although he’s sure somebody is home. So, he leaves a card under the door on which he writes “Revelation 3:20”.
The next Sunday, he’s excited to receive back the same card, but added to it was “Genesis 3:10.”
Quickly returning back to his study, he looks up the second reference.
“Rev 3:20 – Jesus speaking ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If you open the door, I will come in and sup with you.’”
“Gen 3:10 – I heard your voice in the garden but I was afraid because I was naked!”
- (to achieve great things for Him)
- depends upon our ability to (a) recognize and (b) yield to His voice.
True spiritual feeding
- is when your inner man gets it before your mind.
- If your mind gets it first, then it’s a small idea.
- He’s basically trying to get people stop being bound up with everything else other than recognizing and yielding.
- The problem with this approach (discussion amongst ourselves) is that real life doesn’t allow non-ministry people to have effective quiet times.
- Bill is a typical Pentecostal in elevating (pastoral) authority. But I’m not 100% comfortable with his definition of True Spiritual Feeding.
- If I can’t understand it, it could be error.
- I am responsible for being priest for my family.
- I am just as capable of reading the Bible as the next man.
- I recognize his greater calling is validated by the healings his ministry facilitates.
- The breakthrough of leadership is necessary for the on-going breakthrough for the body.
- “Bring it to our nation, through our leaders.”