Manifest Presence 09 Conference
- Harbourside Church
- Declaring the Kingdom
- 24 August 2009
- Bill Johnson
- One of the biggest problems of boredom in the church occurs because we continuously pray for what we already have.
- If we do this, we cannot rejoice when it comes, because it’s already here.
- Answered prayer is meant to be the key to continuous ongoing experience in joy.
- “Lord, be with us today.”
- Is it harmless or powerless?
- Relationship or religion?
The Lord will do sovereign acts
- (e.g. miraculous healings, multiply food)
- in order to reveal himself
- He’s trying to bring us into partnership with His Spirit
- so that we can do those things also
- in order to multiple the effect
- in order to set more people free
We pray for things we already possess
- “Rend the heavens and let rain come down”
- Meaning we want the blessing of God to fall all over our city
- In order to convert others
- This is asking God to do what he has already given us to do in seed form.
- The Spirit descending like a dove
- Through a torn heaven
- Therefore we already live under an open heaven.
“None of me, all of you”
- This is false humility
- God had none of you before and didn’t like it
- That’s why He made you
- He values you
- We wants all of you, covered with all of Him
- “They shall fear the Lord and His goodness, in the latter days.”
- It’s easy to convert people when they face great difficulties.
- But he (Bill) believes a day is coming when people will be converted through the manifest blessings in the lives of God’s people.
- It’s the goodness of God which changed the face of Moses.
- It will be the goodness of God which will change the face of His Church.
The example of the Apostles
- Acts 3: healed the cripple, faced persecution because of it
- Acts 4: imprisoned, set free, prayed for more boldness
- It was the boldness which attracted the Holy Spirit to authenticate the apostles preaching with miraculous signs.
We have access to unlimited strength
- The Devil doesn’t
- The great thing about demons is, they’re not making them anymore.
Whatever you become aware of, you can broker.
- The Devil doesn’t want you to live as if you understand you are living under an open heaven.
- The Holy Spirit is in every believer; He’s not upon every believer.
- If you imagine the dove is upon your shoulder, how do you walk down a flight of stairs without frightening off that dove?
- You walk, aware of that dove.
- So, your walk in life should constantly be aware of the spirit of God upon you.
- Our aim is to host that presence continuously.
Apostle Paul says
- “You are restricted by your affections.”
- Learn to tap into Godly affection.
- Look to where your heart is drawn.
- Then your anointing will be released (towards where your affection lies).
The depressed Christian
- Looks inside and finds nothing good.
- (My) real concern is me.
From servant to friend
- From legal to love
- From workers to lovers
- From doing the bare minimum, to doing what moves Him (my friend)
- Friends have insights to the inner working of their friend.
- If you cultivate the presence, then miracles can just happen, without great prayers for healing.
- But, don’t prostitute his presence for personal gain.
- That measure of openness over every believer can increase through cultivating his presence.
- E.g. 83 people healed of deafness.
- Verse 8: “heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast off devils.”
- Verse 12: “When you go into a household, greet it. Let your peace remain on the house.”
- Peace in the world is the absence of noise, conflict, war.
- Peace in the kingdom is the presence of a Person.
- “And the Prince of Peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.”
- It’s a military move against the power of darkness.
- The affirming, encouraging, encompassing presence to those in the kingdom.
- It’s this two edged sword that (a) heals and (b) destroys at the same time.
- Shalom means
- Sound mind
- Divine health
- Release that into the atmosphere.
The passage about Noah and the dove
- is establishing the context that the Holy Spirit is constantly looking for places to rest
- not out of weariness, but out of desire to establish dominion
- the dove returning, is an illustration of the peace returning to the Christian, from a house that isn’t ready to accept the peace
- how you access what another person carries in the Spirit
- recognizes that God is working through that person
The call of the Christian life
- Learn to recognize the presence and release it over others
- Whatever moves me will move Him.
- Should be done out of faith
- But, it doesn’t take any faith to see the human condition and prophecy disaster
- Don’t prophecy anything that you aren’t willing to believe God for