Align Church Taita (ACT – we’re an Acts Church!)
Pastor Clare January
- Joshua and the battle of Jericho (Joshua 6)
- It becomes Joshua’s job to lead the people to conquer that city.
- There are walls in our lives that need to come down. These are barriers to entering into the promised land of wholeness with God.
- Deon and Tuks & Lai Leng will love you in spite of your problems. Clare and James (myself!) will listen to your problem and recommend solutions (i.e. try to fix the problem). It’s a different personality trait. (James says: People tend to prefer the former and resent the latter.)
Paul had weaknesses
- He recognized that through his weaknesses, the power of God was made manifest.
- In other words, when Paul couldn’t (do something), God could (do it miraculously for him).
- Just like when God brought down the walls of Jericho. Joshua couldn’t do it, but he trusted God to do it for him.
The way that we fight is different
- 2 Corinthians 10:4-5
- The weapons of our warfare are not carnal (physical) but mighty through God to demolish the strongholds of the enemy.
Our ability is limited only by our faith
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- If we have faith, we will do great exploits, in his name. Greater things than even He did in his day on Earth.
Testimony of healing
- Had chipped a bone in her right foot. Went through a tunnel of fire. Didn’t feel anything immediately. Felt the healing took place the next morning.
- Lesson: even if you don’t feel anything immediately, the healing had taken place and you need to believe it in your life too, whatever the obstacle.
Tips on getting your walls down.
- Israel had a problem; He solved it
- Israel had a promise: He kept it
- Israel had a partner: He is your guarantee