I would love a large group of us to attend the Expelled Movie (see details below in Timetable section). Who’s available?
A Great Story for Restorative Justice
on behalf of Promote
Tel: 021 411 560
I disagree with your only form of Global Warming. My belief is that the only form of Global Warning is the Glory of God (Revelation 21.23) in the new Jerusalem.
There is much of the scientific community who believe Climate Change to be an issue of concern for us. The effects may not touch you and I, but certainly the poorer tribal communities of arid climates will suffer tragically. Also the smaller Island nations. Our stance is that given those potential consequences it needs to be an issue of concern.
Thanks for your email.
Climate Change is a hoax. What does the name actually mean? The weather will be different tomorrow from what it is today? Have you actually thought about the rubbish you are being asked to believe?
I think Promote do great work. I think this shouldn’t be one of them.
I don’t want Copenhagen to succeed.
Check my website for facts about Climate-Gate: http://tvornz.spaces.live.com/
I’m organising a candlelight vigil in Wellington as part of a huge international day of action on climate change. We need a bunch of people to make it work. It’s going to be fun, short and super easy – will you come?
Events like ours are happening simultaneously in every corner of the world just as our leaders gather in Copenhagen for the most important climate negotiations of our time. Our message is clear: The World Wants A Real Deal: a treaty strong enough to tackle dangerous climate change.
Come and join me! Check out the event and RSVP here:
If you can’t make it to mine, check out this map showing events across the world.
See you there?
Denys Church – 021 411 560
– PLEASE PRAY –
- TIME OF SORROW. This past week three families associated with World Outreach have had a precious member of their family pass away. Please pray for Jean-Pierre, Rita, Dorianne & Jordan Dutrieux (Sth Africa) who lost daughter / sister – Michaela, and pray for Josephine Chee & son Terence who lost son / brother – Charles, and pray for John (& Linda) Ball (WO UK office) who lost John’s Dad this week. Pray that both families will know the presence & peace of God at this difficult time. Thank you.
- NTH INDIA. Please cover all the arrangements for the 2 church planters conferences set for the provinces of Manipur and Assam next month. We estimate between 650 – 700 combined will be attending. Pray for the Lord’s protection over all involved, pray for the speakers as they prepare over the coming weeks, and pray too that funds needed to meet budget will be forthcoming in time.
- NEEDS HEALING. Please uphold Robert Mambu in prayer. He has been battling with a cough / chest infection for many weeks and his sickness kept him & wife Eliana from attending last week’s WO2010 consultation in East Malaysia. Please cover in prayer also WO personnel serving in Burkina Faso and Mozambique where malaria is rife and different personnel have been afflicted of late.
- CHRISTMAS OUTREACHES. A number of WO ministries in Asia & Africa are conducting evangelistic outreaches leading up to Christmas. Pray with us that there will be a harvest of souls for the Kingdom of God this festive season.
– PRAISE –
- CONSULTATION. Thanks to all who prayed for last week’s WO2010 consultation in Kuching, East Malaysia. It was a blessed event! The field reports from different teams were exciting to hear, the presentations by different facilitators were very well received, the fellowship was great as was the evening ministry sessions taken by Rev. David Peters, who with wife Greta, ministered powerfully in the prophectic. It was encouraging to have a good number of young adult cross cultural workers attend, ie 18-35yrs. All goes well for WO 2010 & beyond.
Touching Lives Changing Nations
PO Box 048
Ghim Moh Estate
Tel: (65) 6464 8698
Koinonia House News
**IMPORTANT NEWS HEADLINES**
Praise & Worship
- He’s Turned My Mourning Into Dancing Again
- I Know Who I Am (I Am Yours, And Jesus You Are Mine)
- The First Noel
- Your Love, Oh Lord, Reaches To the Heavens
- (Love all those songs)
- (Corporate) Olivier, Senior Teacher from EIK, broke her leg yesterday, going into surgery now
- (Private) For Fiona in Foxton for a birthday party; for fun, rest and relaxation
- Men’s Strikeforce Prayer Group
- Stuart Powell prayed
- Pastor Selwyn Jackson, referencing the End-Of-Times movie “2012,” reminds us that God alone is our Strength and Hope and Salvation
Things you need to know
- By Jeremy and Reed
- Global Carol Service 6pm Sunday 20th December
- Christmas Services, Late Christmas Eve & 9:30am Christmas Day
- Angela works for emergency 111 call desk. Topped her product exam
- Friends visiting from Tauranga, Patrick Bay (Hayden and Katrina)
- Admitted to the bar on Friday
- Isaac McLean – Distinction in ballet exam
- Lucas Baker – Distinction in grade 4 ballet exam
- Felicity Baker – passed all exams
- Tiffany Baker – distinction in music exam
- Julian Baker – Grade A Clarinet distinction and honours in theory
- Eric Baker – quarter of a century
- James Hippolite – Distinction in ballet exam (joke). Completed large project (CIP) yesterday
My friend Geoff Gould recommends these websites for climate change refutations
Coming Out of the Woods
- So, whether you are bushed or beached as…
- A Powerful Promise
- 1 Corinthians 10:13
- No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face…
Getting Out of the Woods
- or Off the Beach
- Let’s unwrap the gifts He has given us for every tight spot we find ourselves in as well as others.
The Gifts of the Father
- James 1:17 (NIV)
- Every good and perfect gift is from above…
- Psalm 139:14 (NLT)
- Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvellous – how well I know it.
Too Wonderful for Words!
- John 3:16 (CEV)
- God loved the people of this world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has faith in him will have eternal life and never really die.
The Gifts of the Son
- Ephesians 4:11 (NLT)
- Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers
The Dream of the Prophets
- John 20:21-22 (CDEV)
- After Jesus had greeted them again, he said, “I am sending your, just as the Father has sent me.” Then he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.”
The Gifts of the Spirit
- Acts 1:18 (NLT)
- But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere – in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
A Gift for Giving Away
- Luke 4:18-19 (NIV)
- The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour.
Mike gave many testimonies of miracles witnessed by him:
- Lame children walking
- Word of knowledge about a man’s entire past
- Meeting with important people through miraculous sequence of events
- Gift of foreign language (Spanish) spoken by Mike, without learning it first. Appropriate words at appropriate times.
Why I Am A Christian
What’s the Difference Between God and ET?
Last week, I gave a logical argument from design to infer an Intelligent Designer for all life on Earth.
This week, I give a logical argument why that Intelligent Designer is God and not ET.
- First some definitions: God is defined in the Bible as spiritual.
- By contrast, ET is defined by materialistic atheism to be purely physical.
- Therefore, the entire Origins debate boils down to “from which did we arise”?
- Specifically, the argument recognizes the evidence against spontaneous generation of life on Earth without assistance.
- Hence, if evolution is true, then the spontaneous generation of life must have occurred “someplace else” and be transplanted here (the trans-spermia theory).
- Creationist contend God doesn’t need a beginning since He states He is the Alpha and Omega, and time is merely a construct of the four-dimensional universe He created.
- So, the evolutionist have transplanted the impossibility of proving evolution by direct observation to some mythical other planet, whilst the miracle of creation remains unexplained by any other means.
- But if, a benevolent alien were so powerful, couldn’t He have left some message for His creations?
- He did. It’s called the Bible.
Why I Am A Creationist
- The Legacy of Our Founder, the Example of Our Creator
Lawrence E. Ford
- Raising the Banner for Creation Truth
- Christian Geologists Influential at GSA Meeting
Steven A. Austin, Ph.D.
- Made in His Image: Baby’s First Breath
Randy J. Guliuzza, P.E., M.D.
- Tweaking the Genetic Code: Debunking Attempts to Engineer Evolution
Jeffrey Tomkins, Ph.D.
- The Christmas Tsunami of 2004
John D. Morris, Ph.D.
- Beware of Dangerous Definitions
Brian Thomas, M.S., and Frank Sherwin, M.A.
- The Greatest of All Gifts
Henry M. Morris IV
- Perspectives on Life
Henry M. Morris III, D.Min.
Why I Am A Climate Realist
- Global Warming Scandal Causes Problems – December 01, 2009
The trustworthiness of the scientific community’s global warming data pool is being called into question as the scandal over climate data continues to unfold. The latest revelation came on Sunday with the publication of a report by The Sunday Times of London that scientists at the University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit in the United Kingdom confessed to throwing out most of the raw temperature data on which the theory of global warming is founded. Fox News
Great Scientists Who Believed the Bible
Michael Faraday (1791-1867)
Michael Faraday was one of the greatest physicists of all time, developed foundational concepts in electricity and magnetism, invented the electrical generator, and made many contributions to the field of chemistry. He was active in the various ministries of his church, both private and public, and had an abiding faith in the Bible and in prayer.
We focus today on an important case before the European Court of Human Rights, one that observers say has the potential for becoming the Roe v. Wade of Europe. If the stakes are high for European institutions, which recently pledged to Ireland that its pro-life constitution would be respected if only Ireland would green light the Lisbon Treaty and allow Europe to become more closely bound, they are even higher for children yet to be born. Here’s hoping that A, B & C v. Ireland will never become the household phrase that Roe has become in the United States. We also report on a certain United Nations agency’s proposal to dig into the pockets of taxpayers around the world to fund population control programs – or, rather, "sexual and reproductive health" programs – to the tune of $200 billion. Guess which agency that is … Spread the word.
Yours truly, Piero Tozzi
Executive Vice President
By Piero A. Tozzi, J.D.
(NEW YORK – C-FAM) Irish abortion laws and sovereignty stand in the dock next week when the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) hears a challenge to Ireland’s constitutional protection of life "from conception." Three petitioners in the case A, B & C v. Ireland allege that they were forced to travel overseas to obtain abortions, undergoing unnecessary expenses and hardship due to the nation’s pro-life laws. They claim violations of various rights under the European Convention on Human Rights.
By Samantha Singson
(NEW YORK – C-FAM) At the United Nations this week, the UN Population Fund (UNFPA) organized a commemorative seminar on the 1995 Cairo International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) and, in a look ahead, urged states to renew their commitment to the program, calling for over $200 billion (US) in funding for "sexual and reproductive health and family planning" alone. UNFPA’s Ann Pawliczko gave a financial perspective of the ICPD Program of Action and presented a "revised ICPD Global Cost Estimate" for 2009 through 2015, when the ICPD program is scheduled to end. Apart from $212 billion (US) for "sexual and reproductive health / family planning," UNFPA estimates that another $22.5 billion would be needed for "family planning direct costs" for the same time period. Read more
Train a Child
Activities This Week
Why I Am Pro-Israel
Dear Friend of Jerusalem,
Here are the latest headlines from the One Jerusalem Blog:
- Action Alert: Stop The EU From Dividing Jerusalem!: Many One Jerusalem readers have written us asking what they could do to stop the EU from issuing its plan for the Middle East. The European document, now in its ninth draft, prejudges final status issues and calls for a resumption…
- Europe Moves To Divide Jerusalem: Led by Sweden, there are reports that 27 member states of the European union are prepared to recognize a portion of Jerusalem as the capital of a Palestinian State. This unprecedented campaign has united Israel’s political parties as never before….
Sincerely, The One Jerusalem Team
Heaven Can Wait
My five-year-old daughter, Kayse, grew more and more excited about her first day of kindergarten, and her three-year-old sister, Jayme, watched her with great fascination. On the Sunday before the first day of school, Kayse fell and skinned her knee.
Tears began to flow, and Jayme, seeing the blood on her big sister’s knee, tried to comfort her by saying: "Don’t worry, Kayse, if you die, you’ll go to heaven."
But Kayse wailed even more. "I don’t want to go to heaven," she said. "I want to go to kindergarten!"
—Hugh Poland, "Kids of the Kingdom," Today’s Christian (July/August 2005)
In this section, I highlight dates, times and venues of events either I am presenting at, or of interest to METTLE. I’m available for bookings.
||WHEN End of Year dinner
||Angela Goodall Dance Academy Concert
||Grenada Village Hall
||Grenada Village Hall
||JSA Brass Band
||WHEN Pot-Luck and Variety Evening Concert
||Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed
||Paramount Theatre, Wellington
|19-21 Feb 2010
|26-28 Mar 2010
|14-16 May 2010
|25-27 Jun 2010
||Bay of Plenty
Short, sweet, to the point.
Week to 6 December 2009
- 2 Timothy 1:1-4:22
- Mark 1:1-3:35
- Mark 4:1-5:43
- Mark 6:1-7:37
- Mark 8:1-9:50
- Mark 10:1-11:33
- Mark 12:1-13:37
Week to 13 December 2009
- Mark 14:1-72
- Mark 15:1-16:20
- Hebrews 1:1-4:16
- Hebrews 5:1-8:13
- Hebrews 9:1-10:39
- Hebrews 11:1-13:25
- 1 Peter 1:1-4:19
Don’t forget you can look up these references for yourselves at: http://hippolite.grenadavillage.org.nz/.
- METTLE is an acronym for Men’s Evangelical Team Together for Learning Experiences. We are primarily Christian businessmen from Wellington, who meet occasionally in the CBD to encourage each other in our daily walk with Jesus. This Weekly Collaborative Blog (WCB) is our primary means of communication. If you know of anyone who may benefit from this WCB, you are welcome to forward them along. Similarly, if your circumstances are such that membership in this distribution list is no longer relevant, then hit reply and type UNSUBSCRIBE to have it removed.
- If you choose to respond to any item raised in this WCB, please indicate clearly which items you wish to remain Private, as any correspondence may be considered Public and could be published.
- If this fortnight’s newsletter has been of benefit to you, why not drop a line and say so. Or better yet, visit the TVORNZ website to read past issues and add a comment!
- Published by The Voice of Reason, New Zealand, copyright © 2009