Guard Your Heart
- Valiant Men
- Hosted by Paul Subritzky
- Stay accountable to other men.
- Picture your wife when she was 2 years old: she requires your love, affirmation & protection. Nothing has changed.
- Pride, pennies and petticoats: will bring down any pastor. Stay open and real (but be careful to whom you confide. Don’t share intimate details with other members of the opposite sex.)
- Hebrews 2:18 – Christ was tempted in every area we are tempted. He was absolutely holy and resisted successfully. Emulate Him.
- The hardest thing with accountability is asking a straight question. Most men, when asked a straight question, will not lie.
- As with sugar, fat & alcohol, so also with sexual immorality: if you feed on it, you feed the need. If you starve it, you half it.
- Pornography is unhealthy because it feeds unhealthy fantasies. “The girls who will do that, will not strengthen your marriage.”
- What impact would that affair cause? Pain to your wife and loss of faith/salvation of your children. It’s just not worth it.
- What areas of my life need to change?
- How can I help others?
- What do I have to put in place to guard my heart?
- On an unrelated matter, I’ve just been confronted by a dear Christian brother, about my METTLE blog being too confrontational. I’ve been hearing this a bit recently, and I do want to change. I don’t want to compromise on Truth, but I want to speak the Truth in Love, not with a 4×2. I’m allowed my opinions, but how do I bring them without being unnecessarily offensive? For example, I’ve recently posted against Psychotropic drugs. Now I don’t actually hold a strong opinion against, them, merely an intellectual assent to the negative view of them. But I unnecessarily antagonised another Christian brother over it. That was not my intent. I apologise unreservedly.