Tomorrow’s Man – God’s Man
- David Dishroon
- Pastor, Tauranga Christian Fellowship
- Then He said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men”
- He demonstrates this through all people groups
- I’ll be involved with you; I’ll step alongside with you
- Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.
- Watch over your heart with all diligence; For from it flow the springs of life.
- We (the western church? – Ed) are too focused on the head, and not enough on the heart.
- God is after our hearts.
2 Timothy 2:1-7
- “Timothy, my dear son…
- Endure suffering along with me…”
- Paul is intentionally mentoring Tim:
- Understand that you need a mindset that expects suffering, because love suffers.
- You need to train like an athlete
- Hardworking like a farmer
1 Corinthians 9:24-27
- “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.”
- Most men run just enough to get by. Paul says that’s not enough.
- “So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I disciple my body like an athlete, training it to do…”
- This is all the more urgent, for you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here.
- So remove your dark deeds like dirty clothes, and put on the shining armour of right living. Because we belong to the day, we must live decent lives for all to see…
- It’s time to submit.