- Tim Sisarich
- Executive Director, Focus on the Family
- Whose heart the Lord opened, Acts 16:14
- It’s our job, as a father, to teach our children to serve Him. Primarily through our example.
- Discipline your son, while there is (still) hope. Proverbs 19:18
- My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline… Proverbs 3:11
- Discipline, from which we get disciple or pupil, from “to learn”
- Fathers, do not exasperate… Colossians 3:21
How long do you think you spend each day in conversation with your toddlers?
- Most guessed between 15 & 20 minutes a day
- Results were that men spend on average, less than 40 seconds a day with their kids.
- In 3 x 10-15 second bursts.
Dr James Dobson’s Dad Understood
- Gave up everything in order to focus on his family
- Recognized that was his first priority