- Mike Gorrie
- Damaged people damage people
- There are some sins that the Love of God won’t get out of my life, but the Fear of God will.
- Champions are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!
Welded together in marriage
- A personal commitment to Christ
- Marriage, and our commitment to our wives
- Building an altar! Build on the right foundation.
- The greatest gift you can give your children, is a happy marriage!
- If you’re not married, you’re shacking up. “If the milk is free, why buy the cow?” You’re frightened of commitment.
- There’s a vast difference between fathering a child, and being a father.
- 70% of all couples would not remarry their same spouses again.
- Women are not looking for sex but INTIMACY
- Touch her heart, before you touch her body.
- Daily pray a blessing over your wife.
- Your picture affects your performance. What is the picture you have of your marriage? Is it as Christ loves the Church? The Bride of Christ? It’s a high standard.
- Every unhappy wife is a public rebuke to her husband.
- Ascribe great worth and value (“honour”) to her.
- Have you got a forgiving heart?
- A root of bitterness causes many to be defiled. Hebrews 12:15
Bitterness and unforgiveness will have 3 side-effects:
- It will cause God not to forgive you
- It will bind you and put you in prison
- It will affect your health
Hutus vs. Tutsi’s in Rwanda
- A Christian couple lost their son. They visited his murderer in prison.
- “We lost our son, will you become our son?”
- Awesome forgiveness.
- Where does your “heart” need renewing with regard to your wife?
- Note anything you need to action on page 12 of your Handbook
- I commit afresh, to love and protect my wife, from this day forward.