Welcome to Church for Men
- Forging Tomorrow’s Men
- Pastor’s & Leaders Breakout
Church for Men
- Dean Comerford
- National Ministry with Men
- Coaching Coordinator
Ministry with Men – Controversial Statements
- Ministry with Men is the single most important thing your church can engage in – But there are other areas
- Churches should focus on… (e.g. rights of the unborn) etc
- An effective ministry with men is critical if the church is to reach children, and more importantly keep them through to their adulthood
- Ministry with men is vital if your church seeks to grow and survive beyond the current generation
Why you should embrace a strong and enduring Ministry with Men
- Men are a key to children’s ministry. Father’s are primarily called upon to train their children (Eph 6:4)
- Dean recounted his 13-year-old daughter is a feminist-in-training, and what’s worse, a Greenie too.
- My slant is “get her out of public school then”
- Men are a key to raising young men. If a young man perceives the church of his youth as unmanly, he will cut it off. He’s putting childish things away. This is good and right and proper.
- Men are a key to raising young women. Avoiding promiscuity through modelling appropriate behaviours.
- Men are a key to women’s ministry. Most women’s problems are caused by unregenerate men.
- Men are a key to mission and outreach. Men relish taking great risks.
What do I need to do?
- Issue a challenge big enough to excite men to commit and flourish