- Quoting Patrick Morely
Three Keys (differentiating factors of effective ministries)
- A clear, compelling, resonant vision to disciple every man in the church
- A Senior pastor determined to succeed, and
- A sustainable ministry model.
- Articulate a clean, compelling, resonant vision that captures the imaginations of church leaders at all levels.
- Build a “positive” case statement with compelling evidence about why it’s important to reach men.
- What’s working, what’s not working, how it can benefit the church and save families, and the risks of not doing so. The underlying concept is that belief determines behaviour.
- Recruit a critical mass of influential church leaders and team members of sufficient size to create systemic change (reform) in church policy and practice…
- …instead of using the “How can we fix it?” approach, asks, “What are the relationships we need to develop to solve this problem?”
4. The Plan
- A strategy and plan to equip men and leaders personally and professionally for men’s discipleship. this would include “doable” solutions – including proven, sustainable models for men’s discipleship – that fully integrate men into the existing structures of the church.
Transforming Men in The Scriptures
- Jesus Used Four Phases to Make Disciples
|“Come See”||John 1:38-39||3 Months||Attract & Win|
|“Follow Me”||Mark 1:16-17||9 Months||Establish Basic Habits|
|“Be With Me”||Mark 3:13-14||22 Months||Deploy & Continue to Grow|
|“Remain With Me”||John 15:4||Lifetime|
||It’s all about me||
||It’s all about my friends||
||It’s all about others||
||It’s all about God||