Crossing the Jordan
- Wednesday 31 December 2008 @ 8:30pm
- Joshua 3
- The end of an old life, the rising up into a new life = Baptism!
- Passover = Christ’s Sacrifice
- Crossing Red Sea = Saved in Power
- Jordan = Death & Resurrection
- To dad I Love you
- Unrepentant sinner: “I” is on the throne of their heart, ordering the affairs of their life. Christ is nowhere in the circle of their life.
- Committed Christian: Christ is on the throne, properly ordering the affairs of their life. “I” is subordinate.
- Carnal Christian: Christ is at least in the circle, but “I” is still on the throne.
- Bethlehem: New birth Gal 2:20
- Calvary: Christ’s Death Our Substitute
- Pentecost: Coming of Holy Spirit. Romans 8:2
- Knowing – what the Word of God says
- Reckoning – yourself dead to sin
- Presenting – yourself to God
- “Present your members as slaves of holiness for righteousness” (KJV)
- “Offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness” (NIV)
- Joshua commanded that each tribe take a stone from the river bed
- He made a monument with those
- He used that monument to remind the children to come of the great miracle that had occurred