I thought I’d try something new. In the past, I would post my notes from the Sunday sermon in a separate post from my Weekly Newsletter. Starting from this week, I thought I would combine the two. Let me know what you think. These are my notes. If I’ve missed anybody of consequence to you from the Crunchies or Things You Need to Know sections, all omissions are purely unintentional and I beg you to extend grace.
- Nicole H. is allowed to run again (after 18 months recovery from surgery for Freyberg’s disease).
- Jonathon F. brought a friend.
- Martin Lamb is back from the Philippines ministering at his orphanage, the Shepherd’s Arms.
Things You Need to Know
- New Stats team starting up to help assimilate population trends and appropriate responses from the church. Anybody interested is invited to apply.
- Ancient Paths Seminar coming up next weekend. I got up and spoke about that. I said:
- Got saved 1992 @ age 23
- Was a total repentance from atheistic evolutionist to literal 6-day Creationist
- 16 years later (and 14 years of marriage) hadn’t erased consequences of all my prior wrong decisions
- Cycles of habits not conducive to harmonious relations
- Ancient Path Seminar helped me to:
- Restore the foundations
- Break further generational curses (beyond the obvious)
- Supportive environment
- Strong, effective spiritual leadership
- Get real with other Christians
- (if my wife had been there) make firm and lasting friendships
- Elim National Conference in 7 weeks
Sermon by Pastor Luke Brough
Elim Leadership Matters
- Luke Brough visiting.
- He is the current President of the Elim denomination.
- We honoured his handling of the tragedy of the drowning of his college students.
- Isaiah 54
- 2: “Enlarge the place of your tent, And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; Do not spare; Lengthen your cords, And strengthen your stakes.”
- 3: “For you shall expand to the right and to the left, And your descendants will inherit the nations And make the desolate cities inhabited.”
- We don’t need faith, when things are going well.
- But when you’ve reached your limitations, and if you choose to exercise faith, and when God responds, you will never be the same again.
- When you doubt, you shrink on the inside.
- When you exercise faith, you grow on the inside.
- Hebrews 10:35:
- “Do not throw away your confidence, which has great reward.”
- The Israelites missed out on the Promised Land the first time, because they shrank back in fear; they didn’t exercise faith.
- 40 years later, when they went in, they discovered that the Canaanites were scared (and by implication had been scared 40 years earlier) of them!
- God has not given to us a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind.
- What things you so desire when you pray, believe that you have received them and you shall have them.
- Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have called you be name, you are mine. When you go through…
- My God shall supply all my needs according to his riches.
- I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me.
- With God all things are possible.
- Nothing is impossible for God.
- If you ask me anything in…
- What ever you ask in my Name…
- Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened.
- He who meditates in the word, what ever he does will prosper.
- All things are possible…
- I will never leave you, nor forsake you.
- Beloved, I wish above all things…