- Served by the Romanian care group
- Otinel (son of Stefan and Maria), back from studying in Auckland, prayed.
- Jeannie prayed (Eli’s response to Hannah’s [mother of Samuel] request)
Things you need to know:
- Elim International Kids team; new pre-school childcare; starts Friday @ 10am.
- Laughter & Lyrics (with Paul Aldrich)! Friday 15 August; 7:30pm; Elim Auditorium; $20 adult;
- Sergio Scataglini, Live Sept 7.
- Ancient Paths Seminar, level 1, 21-23 August @ Elim.
- Next week: Luke Brough, 10am
- Mission Possible lunch today
- Jonathan F. is 13;
- Ann C. has new job;
- MK (missionary kids) visitors from Beijing;
- New jobs;
- Pastor Mike Knott
- Imagine That!
- The Power of our imagination, and the visions God can paint upon our imagination
- Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all that we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create. (Albert Einstein)
- You see things; and you say, “Why?” But I dream things that never were; and I say, “Why not?” (George Bernard Shaw)
- “Very truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing on his own, but only what he sees the Father doing…” (Jesus – John 5:19, NRSV)
- Absolute integrity
- + Attitude
- + Endurance
- = an extraordinary macro-visionary
- No compromise
- + Wisdom
- + Prayer
- = a nation changer
Free Your Mind:
- 2 Corinthians 10:4-5, NIV
- “The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
- When bad thoughts arrive, decide to focus on a replacement good thought (e.g. if the devil hits the pornography replay button, then start humming a hymn). Your mind cannot do two things at once. What you choose to focus on win the battle of your mind.
- Fear to Faith (that pleases God)
- Lust to Love (the Great Romance)
- Selfishness to Significance (other-minded)
- Bondage to Breakthrough (whom the Son sets free…)
Make the choice:
- Romans 12:2, The Message
- Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develop well-formed maturing in you.
- Ephesians 3:19-20, The Message
- Live full lives, full in the fullness of God. God can do anything, you know – far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around buy by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.
What do you see?
- Jeremiah 1:1112, NIV
- The word of the Lord came to me: “What do you see, Jeremiah?”
- “I see the branch of an almond tree,” I replied.
- The Lord said to me, “You have seen correctly, for I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled.”
What did Jesus See?
- Isaiah 53:8, NCV
- Men took him away roughly and unfairly. He died without children to continue his family. He was put to death; he was punished for the sins of my people.
- Isaiah 53:10, NCV
- But it was the Lord who decided to crush him and make him suffer. The Lord made his life a penalty offering, but he will still see his descendants and live a long life. He will complete the things the Lord wants him to do.
As Good as Done!
- I John 5:14-15, The message
- And how bold and free we then become in his presence, freely asking according to his will, sure that he’s listening. And if we’re confident that he’s listening, we know that what we’ve asked for is as good as ours.
- Mark 11:24, NRSV
- So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.