- St John Ambulance Hall , Havelock North
- Celebration Church is a self-governing, eldership led church under the Lordship of Jesus Christ where the bible is held to be the inspired and authoritative word of God. Through friendship and common ministry vision we are linked to an apostolic team called New Covenant Ministries International. We seek to live out a dynamic model of Christian living and New Testament church life.
- We endeavour to facilitate the vision and command of Jesus to disciple the nations of the world by providing and encouraging leadership and church planting into New Zealand and beyond.
- The priesthood of all believers is exercised and believers are equipped and released to mature into their potential and callings. For this, home groups are an essential part of Church life to establish and nurture God’s truth individually and together.
- Dol Family
- Fiona’s Dad
Wrap up of last week:
- Tim & Xenia Stevenson were visiting from Auckland
- Ministering in the apostolic. John 14:12: “those who believe in me will do the same works and greater works than what I do.”
- Tim spoke about Settlers and Pioneers
- Respond well in transition.
- Break new ground – unpredictably predictable.
- Not restricted by age.
- Work best in team.
- Are worshippers.
- Genesis 12:1-6. The Abrahamic call. From Abram (exalted father) to Abraham (father of nations).
- Galatians 3:13. Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, by becoming a curse for us…he redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles.
- Face challenges.
- Face conflicts.
- Don’t take the easy way out
- Have bigger vision
- Resist change.
- Stay with the familiar, comfortable and secure – “church-centred” rather than “Kingdom-centred.”
- No age seems convenient
- Do their own thing – pursue what is best for them – self-centred/serving.
- Don’t take risks.
- Live in fear. Contrast this with “make the most of every opportunity available.”
Hamish was here (no children’s church).
Leadership is the key for this time
- Acts 6: the Apostles appoint Deacons to care for the physical needs of the church.
- Numbers 9: the cloud over the tabernacle. They went wherever the cloud went:
- His Presence
- His Protection
- His Provision