It’s been a while and I’ve been dying to contact you all, but life’s been busy:
- I’ve recently passed another Exam.
- I am a published author again.
- I’ve been helping out on a table on a couple of Saturdays, gathering signatures to force a referendum on the Anti-Smacking Law.
- I also participated in the annual BikeWise Business Battle, and got the bike out of the garage for the first time this year. Lost some kilos too (always a bonus).
- (“But enough about me; what do you think of me?”)
My work colleagues and I have been discussing Global Warming (or Climate Change). We can’t believe the strength of religious dogmatism that has so quickly sprung up around this political hoax. It is not a scientific discussion anymore. Like Intelligent Design and Darwinians, you don’t dare critique the prevailing consensus for fear of being expelled from public discourse. These links I have given you in this paragraph are some of the scientific arguments against it. And as Christians, we know we don’t expire from this Earth until Jesus comes back. It’s all a massive tax fraud (“we need more of your money to combat this [alleged, potential, future] catastrophe”).
Authors: Eric & Leslie Ludy
Forward by: Craig Hill
Publishers: Family Foundations International, Littleton, Colorado, 1996.
Description: In a day of intense focus on short-term pleasure and instant gratification, here’s a delightful story of love and romance between a young man and his bride-to-be-and the story of God’s love and faithfulness toward all who will let Him be God.
Comment: An easy read, soppy in parts, completely enthralling. It’s targeted for teenagers but of vital interest to their parents. IMHO, it’s worth a read if only for a glimpse into America’s current counter-cultural movement away from promiscuity towards abstinence.
- Some people are finally wising up: a scientific study “proves” the efficacy of fatherhood. He is the incontrovertible truth that fathers are a positive influence for good in their children.
- Less then 9 months until we kick Helen out of office.
- I’ve been thinking. If Hilary wins the Democratic nominations, this could be good for us Republicans, because surely there are more people who would swing away from her than away from Barrack. Barrack would probably win against McCain. Hilary might lose against McCain.
- No prayer requests received this week.
- At last! I knew it. Liberalism is a mental disorder. Here’s the article to prove it. J
- Here’s a deleted scene from Star Wars IV: A New Hope with Biggs that I’d never seen before.
- Eat Whale and Save the Planet! A Norwegian pro-whaling lobby said on Monday in a study showing that harpooning the giant mammals is less damaging to the climate than farming livestock.
- METTLE is an acronym for Men’s Elim Team Together for Learning Experiences. We are primarily (but not exclusively) businessmen from Wellington Elim Church, who meet occasionally in the CBD to encourage each other in our daily walk with Jesus. This newsletter is our primary means of communication. If you know of anyone who may benefit from these newsletters, you are welcome to forward them along. Similarly, if your circumstances are such that membership in this distribution list is no longer relevant, then hit reply and type UNSUBSCRIBE to have it removed.
- METTLE has no affiliation with Telecom New Zealand Limited
- For back issue of this publications, checkout htt://tvornz.spaces.live.com/