Another year has commenced and some more men have joined the group. Welcome to Aaron W., Colin C., Craig C., Ross C., Greg T., Mark T., my father-in-law, and Stephen L.
- Even though I’m now back at work, my family and I are still in Christchurch. My employer was gracious enough to allow me to relocate temporarily, in order to allow my family vacation to stretch a little further.
- Thanks go to Damon F. for this link: Biblical Plagues “Explained”. It seems a secular scientist has discovered some naturalistic explanation for each of Moses’ 10 plagues. All that’s left is how they all appeared, in sequence, on demand. Reminds me of the joke: a professor debunks the miracle of the parting of the Red Sea as a sand bank, only to hear a student profess amazement that the entire Egyptian army was drowned in “just 2 centimetres of water!” You can’t have it both ways, professor.
- US Senate Report: Over 400 Prominent Scientists Disputed Man-made Global Warming Claims in 2007. Contrast this to the only 20-odd scientists who signed the Bali declaration on global warming and you start to get the sense of the anti-scientific, political interference that this topic really is. Praise God the Truth is finally getting out.
- Amid Kenya clashes, growing calls for calm – International mediators are arriving in Kenya to help end the political standoff after last week’s disputed vote.
- One of our members is an author. Colin has written a book Reading the Bible in Historical Sequence. It is 68 pages and in its 6th edition. He is interested in hearing from anybody who has publishing or marketing experience in other English speaking countries. If you can help, please contact me in the first instance.
- Stephen’s sister-in-law was a casualty of a holiday hiking experience that went terribly wrong 2 days ago. Pray for him as he assists in the funeral preparations.
- Bush is in the Middle-East. Pray for his safety and for a miracle of reconciliation to take place in that area.
- Reality Hits Parents – Here are just some examples of parents who have been reported as a result of the anti-smacking law.
- Let’s open minds, textbooks to intelligent design theories – A thoughtful article by a perceptive engineer. A good example of priming the Origins Debate pump.
- Why Global Warming Pundits Are So Shrill – Their hypothesis featuring the bogeyman Carbon Dioxide is falling apart before their eyes.
- METTLE is an acronym for Men’s Elim Team Together for Learning Experiences. We are primarily (but not exclusively) businessmen from Wellington Elim Church, who meet occasionally in the CBD to encourage each other in our daily walk with Jesus. This newsletter is our primary means of communication. If you know of anyone who may benefit from these newsletters, you are welcome to forward them along. Similarly, if your circumstances are such that membership in this distribution list is no longer relevant, then hit reply and type UNSUBSCRIBE to have it removed.
- METTLE has no affiliation with Telecom New Zealand Limited