Pastor Jeannie Knott
- One Christmas Eve service at Town Hall tomorrow night
- There will be no offering taken on the night, so that we may bless the nation
- Isaiah 9:2,6,7
- “For unto us a child is born…”
- An Old Testament prophecy of the coming of Jesus
- Luke 2:1-15
- “I bring you good news of great joy…”
- The New Testament fulfilment of the above prophecy
- Gemma – Choreographer
- Brad Dring – Rapture Ruckus
- Cheryl – Song leader
- Katie – Music score
- Clarence – Project manager
- Diana – Project team
- Mitch – Project team
- Daniel Bell – Up and coming Wellington artist
Jeannie interviews Tane (unprompted):
- 10 years old
- Favourite subject: history
- What does Christmas mean to you? It was when Jesus was born.
- What’s your favourite part of the Christmas story? It’s all good.
- The wise men: an interesting part. Unknown number of them arrived (3 gifts, maybe 3 men), took maybe up to 3 years to get there, so Jesus would not have been in the stable.
- When Jeannie asked Tane would he like to be interviewed, Tane responded “he would pray about it”.
- A great hit with the congregation
- “Jesus Christmas Party”
- by Nicholas Allan
- for James Hippolite
- “Round the back”
- Roots, constancy, tradition
Why did God choose shepherds?
- There were people in Bethlehem who wouldn’t have been aware of the miracle.
- Just like today.
- Why did he choose: you, me, Mary?
- We don’t know why, but nothing is impossible to Him.
- Therefore, rejoice that He did choose you.
- Our reaction should be like Mary’s: “let it be unto me as my Lord wills it.” i.e. I am willing, “here I am, send me” (Isaiah).
Jeannie got a newsletter
- 10 year old Alana
- Has achieved marvellously at school this year
- Elim was instrumental in preventing Alana being aborted!
- You are part of a miracle
- Preventing abortions: saving lives
Miracles in our midst
- Capital Care Heath Centre
- Sharon – Newtown Park Flats
- GAP – Guardian Angle Project
- Sing & Jive 4 under 5
- Ancient Paths
- Harvest -07
- Purely girls
- Pulse & Raze Youth
- PowerZone Curriculum
- Vertical Studios
- Dying to Live
- One At Christmas
- Magnify – music
- Rapture Ruckus
- Operation Friendship
- On the Mission Field
- Global Day of Prayer
- Breakthrough Prayer: Unity Commands a Blessings
The Saviour’s Day
- by Cliff Richard
- “He is calling you…”
- You’ve come out of some tough things. You might even feel you’re still in the forest. This is a fresh day. Don’t ever be robbed of your hope. The Holy Spirit is encouraging you. Urging you to keep going. God’s with you.
- You will be with non-Christians this break. You will have divine opportunities to start miracle seeds at this time. Stay alert.
- “All the time” he is with you; God is moving;