Genesis History? or Long Age Myths?
- Adrian Bates
- Creation Ministries International (NZ)
- (formerly Answers in Genesis)
- St. Hilda’s Anglican Church Island Bay Wellington
- Creation Magazine (Quarterly)
- Stones & Bones
o Carl Wieland
o Powerful evidence against evolution
· The Creation Answers Book
o the most asked questions about evolution, creation and Genesis
o email news alert service
o free subscription
· Creation Intro Pack
o The Creation Answers Book
o Refuting Evolution
o The Lie by Ken Ham
· Refuting Compromise
o Jonathan Sarfati, PhD
o Heavy duty
o Refutes old earth science
The fundamental problem:
- Our beliefs colour our world view
- Our world view informs our beliefs
- Creation: God’s Word is Truth
- Evolution: Man decides “Truth”
- We share the same evidence
- What differs is our interpretation of the evidence
Mary Schweitzer’s Dangerous Discovery!
- T-Rex Dino tissue
- Her findings were rejected because it doesn’t fit the evolutionary time-frame
Biblical Interpretation of biology:
- Dinosaurs were just another land animal created on the sixth day
- Co-existed with Man
- Young ones (small in size) of certain types (diversity of species) taken on the ark
- Rest of them perished in the flood to make fossils
- Most species died out in the post-flood ice age
- Are recorded in the Bible as Dragons
2 forms of scientific enquiry:
- Experimental (for present processes)
- Historical (for past processes)
Historical enquiry requires:
- an eye witness
- we have God’s Word
Biblical Interpretation of geology:
- Grand Canyon and others like it were either created by little water over long period (uniformitarianism) or lots of water over little period (catastrophism).
- Implication of belief in millions of years: death, pain, killing, disease, thorns, struggle, suffering, extinction.
- Hebrew does not make possible any vague interpretation of “6 days of creation”. Literal is only honest interpretation.
- Exodus 20:11 backs it up and makes it even more explicit.
Unsatisfactory reinterpretations of Genesis:
- Local flood
- Theistic evolution
- Day age
- Progressive creation
- Gap theory
If God is Love, where does death come from?
- Sin entered the world through one man and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men – because all men sinned.
- Romans 5:12
- Far better interpretation of fossil record is Noah’s flood
Radiometric dating problems (e.g. Uranium to Lead):
- Any gained?
- Starting amount?
- Any lost?