Thought for the Day
- “If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love.”
- John 15:10 NIV
- My former neighbour, Paul D. who suffered a heart attack last week is now able to sit up.
- Kiwis more liberal than Americans – Kiwis are significantly more liberal than Americans on issues of religion and morality, but are still not convinced by the theory of evolution, new research shows. Is this the beginning of turning around the culture war?
- After nuclear deal, Koreas seek formal end to war – Leaders of the two Koreas agreed on Thursday (Oct 4) to try to bring peace to the Cold War’s last frontier, just a day after the North signed up to an international deal to disable its nuclear facilities. View video
- Anna W. went home to Mike briefly, but was back in hospital the following day. Continue to pray that the doctors will be able to adequately diagnose and treat her condition.
- Former METTLE man, Roger H., husband of Jo, who moved his family to Levin last year (and is my age) has just been diagnosed with cancer. Pray the chemo will work 100%.
- As Mideast realigns, US leans Sunni – The White House is re-embracing Sunni authoritarian regimes to counter the rise of Shiite Iran. Pray that the Americans (and YHWH) will be able to positively influence the Sunnis (and Allah).
- You must post your local body election responses today in order to make the cut-off time of 12 noon, 13 October 2007. I have compiled my election picks here. You may like to argue with me. Go ahead, make my day. Nobody did last week.
- Visiting speaker and Pastor Dr. David Ireland (black American) gave an inspiring sermon on “the place of victory” which is Hope. You may read my notes here.
- New political deal angers Pakistanis – President Pervez Musharraf was re-elected this weekend by Pakistan’s lawmakers, but many are furious about his power-sharing deal with former leader Benazir Bhutto.
- Welcome to new members Moses R., Nilesh K.
- Welcome back to former member Clarence U.
- There is a METTLE lunch today.
- METTLE is an acronym for Men’s Elim Team Together for Learning Experiences. We meet weekly to encourage each other in our daily walk with Jesus. If you know of anyone who may benefit from these meetings, you are welcome to bring them along. Similarly, if your circumstances as such that membership in this distribution list is no longer relevant, then hit reply to have it removed.
- METTLE has no affiliation with Telecom New Zealand Limited