- Mitch Jordan, Youth Pastor
o Ephe 1:1 (DBY) Paul, apostle of Jesus Christ by God’s will, to the saints and faithful in Christ Jesus who are at Ephesus.
o 2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and [the] Lord Jesus Christ.
o 3 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies in Christ;
o 4 according as he has chosen us in him before [the] world’s foundation, that we should be holy and blameless before him in love;
o 5 having marked us out beforehand for adoption through Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
o 6 to [the] praise of [the] glory of his grace, wherein he has taken us into favour in the Beloved:
o 7 in whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of offences, according to the riches of his grace;
o 8 which he has caused to abound towards us in all wisdom and intelligence,
o 9 having made known to us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he purposed in himself
o 10 for [the] administration of the fulness of times; to head up all things in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things upon the earth; in him,
o 11 in whom we have also obtained an inheritance, being marked out beforehand according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his own will,
o 12 that we should be to [the] praise of his glory who have pre-trusted in the Christ:
o 13 in whom *ye* also [have trusted], having heard the word of the truth, the glad tidings of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, ye have been sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
o 14 who is [the] earnest of our inheritance to the redemption of the acquired possession to [the] praise of his glory.
o 15 Wherefore *I* also, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which [is] in you, and the love which [ye have] towards all the saints,
o 16 do not cease giving thanks for you, making mention [of you] at my prayers,
o 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, would give you [the] spirit of wisdom and revelation in the full knowledge of him,
o 18 being enlightened in the eyes of your heart, so that ye should know what is the hope of his calling, [and] what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
o 19 and what the surpassing greatness of his power towards us who believe, according to the working of the might of his strength,
o 20 [in] which he wrought in the Christ [in] raising him from among [the] dead, and he set him down at his right hand in the heavenlies,
o 21 above every principality, and authority, and power, and dominion, and every name named, not only in this age, but also in that to come;
o 22 and has put all things under his feet, and gave him [to be] head over all things to the assembly,
o 23 which is his body, the fulness of him who fills all in all:
- Mike & Jeannie are in Brisbane listening to David Ireland
Courses & Events:
- Kairos course (pre-missions training) is starting soon.
- “Harvest 07” is a 3 night outreach event, involving many of the churches in our region. The Katinas and Newsboys will be performing, and Greg Laurie is the main speaker. The evenings are free to attend, and will be highly evangelical, with a strong salvation message and call. 4 WEEKS TO GO. Oct 26-28, TSB Bank Arena.
- David Ireland, (visiting US black “ole time revival” preacher) Sat 6 Oct, 9:30am – 12pm, Sunday 7 Oct, 9am, 10.45am & 6:30pm
- White Sunday (Pacific Island celebration, where our children all wear white, and take part in the service. This year we are doing the production of JONAH.), Sunday 14 Oct, both services
- Prayer at Parliament – This Friday, 7:30pm, Grand Hall, Parliament. Limited Seats available. Please RSVP ASAP to the church office 385-9634
- Fiesta (Youth Group) Ball Fundraiser, 17 November
- Recently back from missions trips visiting:
- Charles and Rebecca de Berger in Turkey
- Noah & Silvia Chancellor in Dubai
- Mark & Julia Mitchell in South Africa
Heart for a City
- Knowing where we belong (because God has put us there for a purpose)
- Showed a picture (from Gallipoli) of a statue of a Turkish soldier carrying a wounded British soldier: there are no monuments of cynics. Why would a man help his enemy? The capacity of a man to see a situation and make a difference.
- Luke 13:1 (ASV) Now there were some present at that very season who told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
- 2 And he answered and said unto them, Think ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they have suffered these things?
- 3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all in like manner perish.
- 4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and killed them, think ye that they were offenders above all the men that dwell in Jerusalem?
- 5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
- 6 And he spake this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came seeking fruit thereon, and found none.
- 7 And he said unto the vinedresser, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why doth it also cumber the ground?
- 8 And he answering saith unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
- 9 and if it bear fruit thenceforth, [well]; but if not, thou shalt cut it down.
- Don’t isolate yourself from current realities.
- “Rain falls on the just and the un-just.”
- Jesus did not disengage from reality.
- If you say, “this happened to them because they deserved it” then we disengage from any caring for their situation
- See the potential
- Going to bat for someone
- This requires seeing the potential in your own life first, before you can intercede on behalf of somebody else.
- Take Action
- Speak potential in prayer over my children in their sleep
- Pray for our city