Thought for the Day:
So this bird walks into a store….
A seagull in Scotland has developed the habit of stealing chips from a neighbourhood shop.
The seagull waits until the shopkeeper isn”t looking, and then walks into the store and grabs a snack-size bag of cheese Doritos.
Once outside, the bag gets ripped open and shared by other birds.
The seagull’s shoplifting started early this month when he first swooped into the store in Aberdeen, Scotland, and helped himself to a bag of chips. Since then, he’s become a regular. He always takes the same type of chips.
Customers have begun paying for the seagull’s stolen bags of chips because they think it’s so funny.
- Russell’s board meeting went very well.
- ‘Delighted’ Qian back with her nana. Abandoned girl Qian Xun Xue has been reunited with her grandmother in Auckland and is preparing to meet her sister for the first time.
- Doubts aside, no move to cut U.S. troop levels. Senate Republicans Wednesday defeated a measure to enforce rest periods between deployments to Iraq or Afghanistan, which would have curbed Bush’s ability to sustain current US forces in Iraq.
- Mike’s wife Anna is in hospital. Pray for her healing, and contact me to co-ordinate meals for his family.
- Quota cuts threaten fish industry jobs. A Government move to slash fishing quotas is expected to result in South Island job losses and higher fish prices. Pray for our country’s leaders and our country’s poor.
- Myanmar junta imposes curfew. Myanmar’s military junta imposed a dusk-to-dawn curfew in Yangon and the second city of Mandalay to try to halt the largest anti-government demonstrations in nearly 20 years, witnesses said. Pray there won’t be a blood bath, and that democracy will prevail.
- The term ‘Homophobia’: It’s Origins and Meanings, and its use in Homosexual Agenda. Awesome document explaining what Biblical Christians are fighting against.
- Some of you may be wondering why I haven’t commented on the recent Copeland/Destiny events. The fact is, it’s too early to tell what the fallout will be. In my opinion, the Destiny Church is no better or worse than Elim in doctrinal matters, but I believe Brian Tamaki has proven himself a more than adequate pastor, and less than adequate politician. I also believe there needs to be a Judeo-Christian political party of some hue next year. We shall see.
- Cuba walks out of UN hall to protest Bush speech. Cuban Foreign Minister Filipe Perez Roque walked out of the UN General Assembly hall after President George W Bush said “the long rule of a cruel dictator is nearing its end” in Havana.
- Bush voices optimism about good Doha deal. President George W Bush voiced optimism that trading nations can reach a deal in the World Trade Organisation’s Doha round but pressed other countries to make the "tough political decisions" needed to close a deal.
- There WILL BE a meeting at lunch time today.
- METTLE is an acronym for Men’s Elim Team Together for Learning Experiences. We meet weekly to encourage each other in our daily walk with Jesus. If you know of anyone who may benefit from these meetings, you are welcome to bring them along. Similarly, if your circumstances as such that membership in this distribution list is no longer relevant, then hit reply to have it removed.
- METTLE has no affiliation with Telecom New Zealand Limited