Thought for the Day:
- “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.”
- Joshua 1:7 NIV
- METTLE delivered 2 PCs to Martin Lamb to take back to The Philippines. We have two more rebuilt and ready to go. Thanks go to EBS Healthcare and Capital Care Health Centre for their generous donations.
- Apologetics (reasoned debate to defend the faith) is alive and strong in NZ. Checkout the Wellington Christian Apologetics Society, the Manawatu Christian Apologetics Society and the New Zealand Christian Apologetics Discussion Forum.
- France’s tough gambit on Iran: Ahead of key international meetings this week, Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner shocked diplomats with talk of war. Let’s hope more nations back the US against a nuclear-armed Iran.
- If anybody has a spare CD reader, one of the PCs requires a replacement part.
- “Pumpkin’s” mum and Pumpkin’s well being.
- Ranks of child soldiers swell again in Congo. Fresh fighting in the east has ended a three-year lull in child fighters.
- National computer recycling event is happening again Wellington Saturday 29 September between 9AM and 3PM.
- New Zealand company Ponoko launches on TechCrunch40. Ponoko is the world’s first personal manufacturing platform, an online space for a community of creators and consumers to use a distributed network of digital manufacturing hardware to co-create, make and trade individualized product ideas, on demand.
- Public’s views on Iraq war barely budge. Bush’s speech on Iraq and Petraeus’s progress report on the ‘surge’ swayed few Americans, polls show.
- Meeting will be held at Russell’s office today @ 12:30pm
- METTLE is an acronym for Men’s Elim Team Together for Learning Experiences. We meet weekly to encourage each other in our daily walk with Jesus. If you know of anyone who may benefit from these meetings, you are welcome to bring them along. Similarly, if your circumstances as such that membership in this distribution list is no longer relevant, then hit reply to have it removed.
- METTLE has no affiliation with Telecom New Zealand Limited