Pastor David Shadbolt
- Visiting speaker from England
- Is NZ heading for a “Close Encounter of the Third Kind”?
- Was Smith Wigglesworth the first encounter (editor’s note: no, he may have been the second, after the initial Christian conversion of the Maori)
- Was the Charismatic Renewal the second?
- The mother ship from the movie is like the city of God descending: bringing the government of Jesus Christ.
- In the movie when the music is interrupted by the reply of the mother-ship: like God interrupting our worship with His reply.
Things you need to know
- Get along to Harvest Impact Class, October 26-28
- David Ireland, “God October 7th
- Kairos camp, Oct 19-23. This condensed Kairos Course play a key role in discipling people in churches to reach the unreached.
- The Living Room, Monday 17th September, 7:30pm with special guest
- David Shadbolt will be ministering to business people at 5:30pm today. Could Satan be attempting to keep your business down?
- I went up for one for passing my exam this week: “We are Microsoft, resistance is futile.”
- Kim got me another Crunchie for my contribution at the filming of the Creation PowerZone video yesterday as Prof. Scheekenbergelmeister.
- My friend Russell went forward because he had “a new appreciation of his wife” via David Peters message at Men’s breakfast yesterday.
- Former pastor of this church
- Visiting speaker
- No longer the time for the finger of condemnation
- Now is the time for the hand of hope
- You’ve all heard “we’re on the brink of a spiritual break-through” before.
The Power of Paradox
- David Peters received two messages from the Lord this year:
- Psalm 37:34a: Do not be impatient for the Lord to act; travel steadily along His path.
- Malachi 3:1: The Lord you are seeking will come suddenly to his temple.
- If you will work steadily, there will be “suddenlies”
- Matthew 13:3b, 5-6: “A farmer went out to plant some seed… [some] fell on shallow soil with underlying rock. The plants sprang up quickly, but they soon withered beneath the hot sun and died because the roots had no nourishment in the shallow soil.”
- Luke 8:15: “But the good soil represents honest, good-hearted people who hear God’s message, cling to it and steadily produce a huge harvest.”
- If you don’t work steadily, then the “suddenlies” don’t take root and last the distance.
- Habakkuk 2:3: “Slowly, steadily, surely the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed.”
- Slowly + Steadily = Surely
- Churchill, Hitler and Mussolini are at a café and agree to a competition to decide the war. Whoever can catch a fish from the barrel wins.
- Hitler gets out his revolver and attempts to shoot a fish. He misses and looses.
- Mussolini jumps in and attempts to catch a fish with his hands. He catches one, but it slips out and he looses.
- Churchill gets out a teaspoon and starts to empty the barrel. They ask, “What are you doing?”
- He answers, “It will take time, but we will be victorious.”
- Slowly + Steadily = Surely
- Be realistic: Expect miracles.
- If you don’t have an expectation of steadily, then you believe in a god of magic that clicks his fingers to get things done.
- The paradox of steadily/suddenly is liberating.
- Let God Be.
Putting It Together
- “Do not be impatient for the Lord to act; travel steadily along his path… and the Lord you are seeking will come suddenly to his temple.”
- (Editor’s note: This is not an immutable scripture, but may be a reasonable extrapolation.)
There is always one Suddenly that God will always honour:
- If you will turn to Him, He will bless you and forgive you and accept you.