Rob & Fiona Reid
- Going to Turkey to visit Charles & Rebecca de Berger
- Going to Mozambique to visit Mark & Julia Mitchell
- Going to Singapore to meet John and Mary Elliot from World Vision
Kevin & Jeh Seh (Jessie) Chan
- Going to the field for a year of preparation
- Time with missions and missions agencies around Asia
John & Mary Elliot
International Directors of World Outreach
- Left Wellington 1984
- Based in Singapore
- Touching Lives: Changing Nations
- Since 1932
· I would prefer World Outreach in the role of United Nations
· Faith-based policies, especially Christian ones, are infinitely superior to the current political squabbling.
Taking Steps of Faith
- Have been comfortable for a while
- Recently been challenged
- Faith is restless; it is never stagnant. It is always moving forward.
- You have to make a choice: you can respond or not.
- Faith is given so that we are always moving.
1. The call to ministry (Hebrews 11)
· It’s not about me.
· It’s about people coming together for God’s shared purpose.
2. God’s promises (Romans 4:20)
- Abraham was persuaded that God had the power to do what was required.
- It’s a promise; you can hang you hat on it.
3. There is a purpose to the faith
- Faith is given to us to embrace the plan of God.
- Get involved in the plan of God, and watch the miracles flow
- Don’t expect any
- There are no promises
- John went off on a huge tangent (life application example) of his experience with an illiterate (Asian?) village who told him great and wonderful things that have and haven’t happened. (Miracle of prophecy)
- Like they had a vision 8 years earlier about 3 white men in a red and white van arriving with the blessing of God. That’s was John!