Pastor Rob Reid
- Mike and Jeannie away on holiday
- Fathers got a Bounty bar
- Rebecca leaving for London School of Economics to do her Masters
- Heidi leaving for British Press Association
- Kevin and Jessie Chan leaving for 11 month networking exercise in Asia
- Jessica leaving for Business Masters in UCLA
Lessons from “Tool Time”
- Dads have fun
- Dads inspire their kids to excel
Lessons from “Wild At Heart” book by John Eldridge
- Men and Women were made in the image of God
- There are 3 desires written in a Man’s Heart, the core of who I am.
- They may have been misplaced and misdirected, but they are there. (see below)
- Abram (exalted father) became Abraham (father of many)
- After Terah had lived 70 years, he became the father of Abram, Nahor and Haran. Gen 11:26
- Terah, Abram and Lot (son of Haran) with Sarai (Abram’s wife) set out from Ur for Canaan but stopped at Haran. Gen 11:31
- Stopped on the path that God had set
- Didn’t fulfil his destiny
- Abram completed what Terah started.
- Joshua completed what Moses started
- Jesus completed what the Heavenly Father started
- By faith, Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.
- By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise.
- For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
- A cause to fight
- A damsel to rescue
- An adventure to live
- Unknown Factors
· Hebrews 11:8
· Plan all you can BUT expect the “God factor”
· Hebrews 11:9
· You have what it takes – God has equipped you for the task He has called you to.
· Hebrews 11:10
· Catch God’s Dream – it’s much, much bigger