Pastor Rob Reid: Crunchies, celebrations, birthdays, etc.
Senior pastor Mike Knott: Ken’s Gartner’s book launch, “Dying to Live” about Prison Ministries.
Pastor Jeannie Knott: Read the book, it will give you a feel for prison life, and touch your heart.
Mike introduced Selwyn and Ann, pastors (of Elim?) in Marton (Martinborough?), formerly missionaries of Cambodia.
“Church” – The New Generation
- Good news: you will bear the Son of God
- Bad news: your husband will not understand and the world will not approve
- Good news: He will be the saviour of the world
- Bad news: you will watch him die on a cross
- =”the veracities of …”
- Genesis 49:22 (NCV)
- Joseph is like a grapevine that produces much fruit
- A healthy vine watered by a spring
- Whose branches grow over the wall
Joseph Company is driven by a dream:
- Joel 2:28 (A Spirit-empowered life)
- “And that’s just the beginning:
- After that – ‘I will pour out my Spirit on every kind of people:
- Your sons will prophesy, also your daughters.
- Your old men will dream,
- Your young men will see visions.
Joseph Company understands that all of life has purposes:
- Genesis 50:22 (A faith-filled attitude)
- Even though you intended to do harm to me,
- God intended it for good,
- In order to preserve a numerous people, as he is doing today.
Joseph Company gets up every time they are knocked down”
- Psalm 37:23-24 (Able to endure)
- Stalwart walks in step with God;
- His path blazed by God, he’s happy.
- If he stumbles, he’s not down for long;
- God has a grip on his hand.
- (“stalwart” – marked y outstanding strength and vigour of body, mind, or spirit)
Joseph Company rides up the down staircase:
- Matthew (whoever would lead, must become a servant)
Joseph Company is heading for the top:
- Deuteronomy 28:13 (Increasing influence)
- God will make you the head, not the tail;
- You’ll always be the top dog…
- Joseph Company is…
- JESUS Company
- I want to join them
- Get up again
- A Spirit-empowered life
- Grow over the wall