If you took the excuses people use for not going to church and applied them to other important areas of life, you’d realize how inconsistent we can be in our logic. For example:
10 Reasons Not to Wash
- I was forced to as a child.
- People who make soap are only after your money.
- I wash on special occasions like Christmas and Easter.
- People who wash are hypocrites—they think they are cleaner than everyone else.
- There are so many different kinds of soap, I can’t decide which one is best.
- I used to wash. It got boring, though, so I stopped.
- None of my friends wash.
- The bathroom is never warm enough in the winter or cool enough in the summer.
- I’ll start washing when I get older and dirtier.
- I can’t spare the time.