- 11 March 2018
- Pastor Arnie Hall
- Believe Series: Part 4: The Bible
Part 1: God
- Who is God?
- I believe the God of the Bible is the only true God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” – 2 Corinthians 13:14
Part 2: Personal God
- Does God care about me?
- I believe God is involved in and cares about my daily life.
- “I lift up my eyes to the mountains – where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.” – Psalm 121:1-2
Part 3: Salvation
- How do I have a relationship with God?
- I believe a person comes into a right relationship with God by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.” – Ephesians 2:8-9
Part 4: The Bible
- How do I know God and his will for my life?
- I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God that guides my beliefs and actions.
- “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” – 2 Timothy 3:16-17
What this book does
- Helps us know God better
- Know others
- Know ourselves
- Know our enemy
- Convicts us
- Challenges us
- Encourages us
- Should excite us!
- Make us better
What else do I believe about the Bible?
- I believe the Bible is absolutely true in matters of faith and morals.
- I believe the words of the Bible are words from God.
- I believe the Bible has decisive authority over what I say and do.
- I believe the Bible has the right to command my belief and action.
- I believe the Bible is relevant to address the needs of contemporary culture.
- 55,443 children born in NZ in 1998
- Until they turned 17 (2015)
- Percentage reported to child protection services? 23.5%
- Our community desperately needs what the Bible offers!
- “Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.”
- Jesus claims to inclusive, exclusivity.
- All are welcomed into heaven, but only in His name.
- So, it’s our job to tell others about Him.
I do not support David Seymour’s Euthanasia Bill. I do not support creating an exemption from the criminal law against killing for a specified group. In this case, it would be doctors, many of whom do not want to carry this responsibility.
I believe that once an exemption is made, it will inevitably be extended, as it has been in those countries where this law has been enacted. There are no safe-guards which this parliament could make, which any future parliament could not undo.
The current law already provides for the administration of pain relief and withdrawal of futile life-prolonging treatment. These provisions are sufficient.
It sends the wrong message to youth contemplating suicide, if we are allowing some to do so. It will become a “rights argument” that youth should be granted the same exemption.
Please leave the current law alone and scuttle this bill.